A health insurance plan covers medical costs associated with treating any surgery, illness, network hospital stay, etc. When supporting documentation is received, the insurer reimburses the policyholder for expenses. Alternatively, the policyholder and insured members can use the insurance company’s cashless service.
Financial anxiety over family members’ medical bills is expected due to rising healthcare costs. An intelligent solution is to invest in a family health insurance plan, providing affordable access to high-quality healthcare for all members, regardless of their ages.
A family floater health plan, which protects every member against various illnesses and diseases, is another name for a family health insurance policy. Depending on the ages of the family members, family health insurance covers you and your family at a reasonable cost. *
- Save Money: Compared to paying for individual health plans for each family member, the premium for a family health insurance plan is significantly less. As a result, the policy is less expensive and permits coverage at a reasonable price. You can use a health insurance calculator to check on the cost of premium to be paid. ##
- Tax Benefits: Purchasing a family floater plan entitles you to a tax benefit of up to Rs. 25,000. For senior citizens, this benefit increases to Rs. 50,000. Additionally, you can receive an extra tax benefit of up to Rs. 25,000 if you purchase a separate policy for your parents. If your parents are senior citizens, this benefit increases to Rs. 50,000. **
- Restore Exhausted Coverage: Several health insurance providers provide an additional benefit known as the restore benefit that enables you to get full coverage back if it has been used up during the policy’s term. This benefit, however, is only available for unrelated claims. *
- Whole Family Medical Coverage: Family health insurance covers every family member under a single policy, including parents, dependent children, spouses, and relatives living abroad, offering a convenient one-stop solution for all health insurance needs. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the health insurance policy.*
- Cashless Claim Settlement: Cashless medical care is available at the insurance company’s network hospitals. The insurance company designates a network hospital to perform the cashless treatment.
- All Illnesses Covered: A poor lifestyle increases the risk of ailments like diabetes, cancer, and heart issues. Young people are also affected due to bad eating habits and sedentary lifestyles. Opting for a comprehensive critical illness insurance plan covering severe illnesses such as heart attacks, primary cancers, and strokes ensures the ideal care for your family’s overall well-being, complementing your health insurance policy. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the health insurance policy. *
- Built-In Coverage: Critical illness insurance aims to support the family and offer financial stability in the event of a critical illness. To ensure that your loved ones are taken care of in your absence, some insurance companies include built-in benefits like child education allowances, complimentary health checkups, personal accident cover, etc. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the health insurance policy. *
- Covers Network Hospital And Other Costs: Critical illness insurance covers medical and daily expenses for family members, ensuring high-quality care for the patient while preventing financial hardship during challenging times. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the health insurance policy. *
Read more about – Can We Claim Health Insurance From Two Companies?
To ensure financial stability during a medical emergency, obtaining a health insurance policy is the ideal way to cover a substantial portion of medical expenses.
* Standard T&C Apply
** Tax benefits are subject to change in prevalent tax laws.
## All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.